Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Edited

I was fascinated by the Dharma Friends/Facilitators at my first few visits to Dharma Circle. I wanted to know group dynamics and how to guide people in a discussion where anyone is free to voice their thoughts from drowning in chaos. And so I attended a one day workshop training and there I learn the skills, the theories of Facilitating. Then came the practice. I become a Dharma Friend for about 2 to 3 times after the workshop and find that actually being a Dharma Friend is not about knowing a lot of things about Buddhism. Rather it's about being able to gather the bits and pieces that we all as a group have and mould them into something that everyone can learn from and enjoy. So Dharma Circle, where 10 or so people (where half of them are strangers to each other) sit around in a circle and talk, is not wasting time, is not awkward, but it's learning from each other, sometimes you learn about Buddhism, other times you learn about life. But what is Buddhism but a way of life? (about 190 words)

No comments: