Monday, June 18, 2012

How do I practise in daily life?

To tell the truth, I don't. I don't meditate everyday, I don't chant or read Dharma books everyday. Perhaps that is why I am so addicted to going for Dharma activities almost every chance I get. I made sure I am in touch with the Dharma every week, so my weekends are used the way it was meant to be used.

However, from these constant touches of Dharma activities, I do start to be more aware in daily living. I start to be less attached. Last summer, I was cheated out of 20 pounds by a stranger. I treated it as a donation and didn't felt too sad.

Last holiday, I accidentally left my bag in a bus when I dropped off at Kuala Lumpur, and the bag when to Thailand. I didn't felt too sad about it too. Sure I did my best in tracking the bus, but it was just 4 years worth of NUSBS Dharma Camp T-shirts, 2 years of NTUBS Dharma Camp T-shirt and various other Dharma Camp shirts and pants. Funny thing is, I got it back 8 days later during my family vacation trip. The bus company happened to be just in front of the hotel we stayed in! I was happy, but not overjoyed.

Regardless of the end result of whatever happened, remember to breathe in, breathe out.

In short: know where you stand, go for Dharma activities, let go and keep on practising.

No comments: