Sunday, February 24, 2008

After the Camp

I am the only one left after the 4 day camp at pangsapuri UKM. Boon teik didn't wanted to stay back at UKM with me for 5 months. So I shifted my things, that's a lot of things too mind you, to kolej Aminudin Bakti. The room was dirty, small and no hot shower! However the first class I had this Friday was amazingly nice, haha. Even with Form 6 Maths, I can solve Schrödinger equation. But interpreting it and applying it is another matter.

Now I felt the loneliness of walking alone to class, Eating alone, and doing almost everything alone. All my life, I had been wanting to be alone. Now that I had gotten that, I realized that I am just like everyone else: I had social needs. Ya, laugh on my classmates. I will make University friends! Just you see.

Now on to more serious matters concerning the IPhO. For the 49 students who went there and for those who are interested in this competition, this Year, The Malaysian Institute of Physics had decided to train the former 6 former in UKM for 5 months straight. Well as you might had guessed, I am the only one interested in this. And this time, they had decided to choose the top 8 first and not to choose the top 5 so fast. this will certainly ensure tough competition between the top 8 to be in the top 5 because the weakest 3 will have the most to lose as they will be studying physics and will have to catch up with their contemporaries. Let me with my personal experience advice you, it is more than enough time for you to catch up and revise your homeworks even if you start at the end of July. So despair not and strive on to finish your form 6 syllabus before the next camp. May the force of physics be with you.

No comments: